Ethereum which is a Blockchain ecosystem has revolutionized the crypto and blockchain space with its ever evolving tech. To keep the introduction short and simple, this post would cover Decentralized applications you can actually run, that were built on the ethereum ecosystem.
Firstly, what are decentralized apps:
A decentralized application (DApp, dApp, Dapp, or dapp) is a computer application that runs on a distributed computing system. DApps have been mostly popularized by distributed ledger technologies (DLT), namely the Ethereum Blockchain, where DApps are often referred to as smart contracts. Apart from the Ethereum Blockchain, there are other blockchains that also have Dapps, namely: Eos, Tronix, Steem, Ontology.
Ethereum Decentralized Apps You Can Use or check out
- Exchanges: there are a lot of Decentralized exchanges you can use that are currently running on the blockchain: idex airswap, forkdelta, Bancor.
- Games: cryptokitties,ethermon, God’s Unchained, Fun Fair, Etheroll, Eth.town
- Social Networks: Peepeth, Akashi, Numa,Viewly
- Digital Advertising Platforms: Brave Browser
- Fintech Dapps: Paxos, OmiseGo
- Betting: Edgeless,Dice2Win,SportCrypt
You can check out more Dapps on the Ethereum Blockchain on http://stateofthedapps.com